Originally, this place was created to host pictures of a special fan game played using Kev Adams figures only - hence its name, "The Kev Adams Challenge". With the assistance of several dedicated contributors, it quickly grew into a gallery and resource site of Kevin "GoblinMaster" Adams' fine works :)
Given the stupendous number of figures he has sculpted in his career, the original title of this blog still applies, as it is a challenge to try and display even a decent fraction of his production indeed!

Do you have some nice pics to send us for the gallery?
A Kev Adams Challenge game report - one with Kev Adams figures only - to submit?
Would you like to become a regular contributor to this blog? Send me an email
nelesell at hotmail dot de

Note: all company names and products mentioned here are (c) of their respective owners and used without permission. No challenge whatsoever intended.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

He just kept making those little goblin faces on everything

Bob Naismith remembers his working days with Kev at Citadel.

Gosh this is hard! It seems like so long ago – when did I first meet Kevin? I apologise if some of this isn’t right – I’m sure if I’ve got it wrong I’ll be told!

Well, I was working for Citadel, in charge of the sculptors (! – around 1985ish I think?) and Bryan said that this new lad was going to turn up. Big, pierced, talking in a high voice, self-effacing – Kevin did indeed turn up in Nottingham and started to make his mark.

We had a studio room at the end of the second floor at Enfield Chambers in Nottingham. There wasn’t enough room in there so Kev had a small room off to the right which he made all his own.

At first he worked across all the ranges, men, dwarves etc but he just kept making those little goblin faces on everything (I mean everything, not just figures), so in the end he concentrated on the goblinoids (The Twins were able and willing to do anything, so we could have one sculptor making just orcy things).

Kevin began to make Orcs his own. Faces,faces faces – always working on the faces.

I left GW in 1990 so my memories of Kevin are early but certainly not unpleasant. I always found Kevin cheery and keen to work (sounds like a reference doesn’t it?) and although I haven’t spoken to him for many years I’m perfectly sure that if we meet that we would get on just as if we had spoken the day before! Good on you Kev!

No comments:

Post a Comment